Online Courses and Other Educational Programs
I have partnered with several organizations to make my training materials available in a variety of formats, including online courses and webinars. Follow the links below go to the partners’ websites or to access the courses directly.
MedBridge offers high-quality continuing education programs using a unique platform that allows audio/video presentations, filmed question-and-answer discussions, and demonstration therapy sessions. I have several courses available through MedBridge with more to come! (Use my last name, Yaruss, as a discount code for additional savings!)
Preschool Stuttering Therapy (3-part course)
- Evaluating Stuttering in Young Children
- Treating Stuttering in Young Children: Working with Families
- Speech Therapy to Treat Stuttering in the Young Child
Counseling Skills for Speech-Language Pathologists (3-part course)
- Understanding Counseling and the Process of Change
- Skills for Helping Clients Succeed in Therapy
- Counseling Skills: Using the Skilled Helper Model
Developing skills for measuring stuttering (2-part course)
(NEW Courses on School-Age Stuttering Therapy and Minimizing Bullying coming soon!)
Northern Speech Services (NSS)
"Northern Speech Services offers clinically relevant Online CEUs, Live CEU Events, as well as comprehensive, innovative and highly effective Treatment Products." I have 2 courses with NSS focused on school-age stuttering therapy, including content adapted from Practical Treatment Strategies for School-Age Children Who Stutter.
"Speech pathology CEU online courses provide convenient and affordable options for SLPs to increase their clinical knowledge and skills." I have 3 offerings with SpeechPathology.com.
- Article: 20Q: Early Childhood Stuttering - Background and Assessment with Nina Reeves, MA, CCC-SLP
- Webinar: Stuttering treatment: Treating the whole disorder (with Craig Coleman, MA, CCC-SLP)
- Pearson's EBP Briefs: Evidence-Based Practice for School-Age Stuttering: Balancing Existing Research with Clinical Practice with Kristin Pelczarski, PhD, CCC-SLP
Podcasts providing an ongoing series of educational programs and honest discussions about stuttering, with hosts Peter Reitzes and team.
- Can Articulation and Phonology Treatment Lead to Stuttering (StutterTalk, Episode 613)
- Stuttering and Acceptance (StutterTalk, Episode 369)
- Quality of Life and the OASES with Yaruss & Quesal (StutterTalk, Episode 210)
- Research Findings on the Benefits of Self-Help (Stuttering101, Episode 17)
- Risk Factors and Recovery for Preschoolers (Stuttering101, Episode 18)
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health and Documenting Treatment Outcomes (Stuttering101 Episode 19)
Premier Education Solutions (PESI)
PESI offers two audio CDs with portions of Practical Treatment Strategies for School-Age Children Who Stutter